This recipes is for Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls with a twist. They are really easy to make and ready in only 10 minutes. They are perfect to have as an afternoon snack or healthy dessert. They are both vegan, gluten, oil and sugar free.
Swedish “chokladbollar” or… chocolate balls are one of our most classic and most loved sweet treats or snacks. They are usually made with butter, oats, sugar, cacao powder and coffee and then coated in wither pearl sugar or shredded coconut. Swedish chocolate balls are really addictive and the ultimate snack. My version of Swedish chocolate balls are a healthier than regular once, but still as delicious. Instead of using butter as the base I used black beans to make these chocolate balls. But don’t you worry, you would never have guessed that there is a single black bean in these balls if I hadn’t told you! Since my chocolate balls are much healthier and a great source of protein they’re perfect to have for breakfast, afternoon snack, post workout snack or as an healthy dessert.
A few tips:
- Make sure to mix the black beans until completely smooth. There should be almost no pieces left.
- Using coffee is optional, otherwise just replace it with water.
- If you prefer the chocolate balls sweeter then you can either add 1-2 tablespoons stevia granular sugar or 1-2 more dates.
- Store these chocolate balls in the fridge in an air proof container.
- They are good to store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Ingredients for these Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls:
- Black beans
- Coffee (or replace with water)
- Cacao powder
- Shredded coconut
- Stevia granular sugar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Three Ingredients Chocolate Nougat Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Berry Filled Bliss Balls (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- No Bake Gingerbread Cakesicles (Vegan, Gluten, Nut & Refined Sugar Free)
Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp Coffee (depending on how strong coffee taste you prefer. Or replace with water)
- 3/4 dl Cacao powder
- 1/2 dl Shredded coconut + more for coating
- 8 Dates pitted
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 dl Oats
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (optionl, if you prefer the chocolate balls even sweeter)
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add the beans to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Stop and scrape the sides as needed. There should be almost no pieces of beans left.
- Add the coffee and mix again until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the cacao powder, oats, shredded coconut, dates and salt.
- Mix until combined, but there should still be some pieces of the oats left, so don't mix for too long.
- Taste to check if you want the balls even sweeter. If yes, add stevia granular sugar or more dates and mix quickly again.
- Roll equally sized balls and cover in shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge.