These ice cream and nut butter stuffed dates are the perfect scrumptious sweet treat that will be loved by everyone. They are super easy and quick to make, only requiring a hand full easy ingredients. Have them as an afternoon snack, serve for dessert or just grab one when you’re craving something sweet. They are easy to adapt according to taste, allergies and food preferences. These Chocolate Nut Butter Ice Cream Stuffed Dates are gluten and grain free and can easily be made vegan or dairy free as well.
These chocolate covered nut butter and ice cream stuffed dates are the perfect easy sweet treat that you just should have in your freezer! They are so easy and quick to make (not counting the freezing time), only include a few simple ingredients, can be made in so many different versions and variations and taste amazing. I made these chocolate covered dates in two versions: one with salted caramel ice cream, peanut butter and peanuts and the second one with chocolate ice cream, almond butter and salted almonds. But you can really make them with any ice cream and nut butter of your liking. It’s so much fun to mix and match and make several different versions. They’re simply the perfect sweet treat or snack that you can make using your favorite ice cream and nut butters. They are gluten and grain free and can easily be made dairy free or vegan as well.
A few tips:
- I prefer using medjool dates for these tasty bites.
- The most important thing is however to use juicy and soft dates, to ensure they’re easy to bit in and have a wonderful sweet taste.
- I used salted caramel and chocolate ice cream for these bites. Then topped them with peanut butter, almond butter, peanuts and salted almonds.
- You can use any ice cream, nut butter and nuts of your liking. Just use what you have at home or the flavours you like the most.
- Fill the dates well with the ice cream, to make sure you really get a good amount of ice cream in each bite. Then top the dates with nut butter and nuts. You will either way dip them in chocolate making sure everything holds together. So you don’t have to fit everything inside the dates.
- I used dark chocolate for these chocolate covered date bites, you can however use any chocolate of your liking.
- If you want to make these date bites dairy free use a dairy free ice cream.
- If you want to make these date bites vegan use vegan ice cream.
- If you’re allergic to nuts, you can use any seed butter of your liking.
- Make sure to freeze the date for at least two hours after stuffing them with ice cream, nut butter and almonds. This will make it easier to dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Store these date bites in the freezer.
Ingredients for these Chocolate Nut Butter Ice Cream Stuffed Date Bites:
- Medjool dates
- Ice cream (I used salted caramel and chocolate)
- Nut butter (I used peanut and almonds butter)
- Nuts (I used peanuts and almonds)
- Chocolate (I used vegan and sugar free dark chocolate)
- Sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Mars Ice Cream Cups (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Frozen Banana Chocolate Bites with Nut Butter & Fruits (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Two Ingredient Mango & Chocolate Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & No Added Sugar)
- Chocolate Covered Banana Sushi (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Popsicles with Berries & Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Homemade Magnums with Granola Butter Core (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Avocado No Churn Ice Cream (Vegan, Gluten, Nut, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- No Bake Toffee Mini Cheesecakes (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
Chocolate Nut Butter & Ice Cream Stuffed Dates (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- 10 tbsp Ice cream (I used sugar free salted caramel and chocolate ice cream)
- 10 tsp Nut butter (I used peanut and almond butter)
- Nuts (I used peanuts and salted almonds) chopped
- 150-200 g Chocolate (I used vegan and sugar free dark chocolate) chopped
- Sea salt, to top (optional)
- Pit the medjool dates, stuff with about one tablespoon each. Then add nut butter and chopped nuts on top. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate when the dates are ready.
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate, place back on the parchment covered baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt (optional).
- Store in the freezer.