Tasty, crispy, quick, easy and healthy white cabbage and carrot fritters with fresh Greek yogurt and a tasty honey tahini sauce. A dish that is really quick and easy to make, only calling for a few staple ingredients and ready to serve in 15-20 minutes. Eat this dish for lunch or dinner, include it in a sharing dinner or make it for meal prep purpose. This dish is vegetarian, gluten and dairy free.
If you want to eat more vegan or vegetarian food fritters are a great, easy and wallet friendly way of doing so. They are not only a good and tasty replacement for meat, chicken and fish, but also a great way of including more greens in your diet. They can be made with almost all types of vegetables and root vegetables, with endless variations, add-ins and seasonings. These fritters are made with white cabbage as the main ingredient accompanied with carrot, with an Asian inspired seasoning. Not only are these fritters both crispy, tasty, delicious and easy to make. They’re also very wallet friendly, maybe one of the most wallet friendly fritters you can make. White cabbage, carrots and eggs are some of the cheapest foods that you can buy, but also nutritious and good for you. Here the fritters are served with fresh Greek yogurt and a creamy tahini honey dressing. It’s a lovely mix of crispy, creamy, fresh, flavorful, sweet, nutty and slightly spicy. But these fritters can also be added to salads, used in hamburgers, serve with rice/quinoa with a side salad and dressing, just to mention a few ideas.
A few tips:
- Make sure to slice the white cabbage as thinly as you can. Preferably using a mandolin.
- I used white cabbage, but you can also use point cabbage or red cabbage.
- Squeeze out some of the excess water from the carrots to avoid the fritters turning out too wet.
- Form equally sized patties to make sure they have the same baking time.
- You can make these fritter in an air fryer, oven or fried in a pan.
- If you bake them in an air fryer make sure to grease/spray the air fryer basked with cooking spray/oil.
- If baking them in the oven line a baking sheet with parchment paper to place them on.
- If frying them in a pan I would recommend you to use a nonstick pan. It makes them easier to flip and prevent them from sticking to the pan.
Ingredients for these White Cabbage Carrot Fritter with Greek Yogurt & Tahini Honey Sauce:
- White cabbage
- Rice flour
- Paprika powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh herbs (I used fresh parsley, mint, cilantro)
- Sea salt
- Greek yogurt
- Honey, agave or fiber syrup
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo, Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Beetroot & Kidney Bean Burger (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Purple Sweet Potato Patties (Vegan Friendly, Paleo, Gluten, Dairy & Grain Free)
- Spicy Meatballs with Herb & Yogurt Sauce (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cauliflower & Leek Fritters (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Halloumi Fritters (Vegetarian, Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Beetroot Patties with Goat Cheese Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Råraka/Swedish Hash Brown with Chanterelles & Lingonberries (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
White Cabbage & Carrot Fritter with Greek Yogurt & Honey Tahini Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Dairy Free & Oil Free)
For the fritters
- 200 g White cabbage finely shredded
- 1 Carrot grated
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Garlic cloves grated
- 1 Shallot finely chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 (1/4) dl (cups) Mixed fresh herbs (I used parsley, mint and cilantro) chopped
- 3-4 tbsp Flour (I used rice flour you can use any flour you like)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for baking/frying
- 1 (0.4) dl (cups) Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2-3/4 tbsp Honey, agave or fiber syrup
- Water, to thin (if needed)
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or place a nonstick pan with some olive oil in in on the stove and preheat on medium heat.
- Whisk eggs in a big bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients for the fritters except for the white cabbage. Stir until combined. Add the finely shredded white cabbage to the bowl and mix again until combined.
- Bake in an oven: Form equally sized patties. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet, flatten gently and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In an air fryer: Brush/spray the air fryer basket with some oil/cooking spray. Place the fritters in the basket, press down gently and brush/spray with oil/cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes, then flip and bake for another 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a pan: Place fritters in the preheated nonstick pan, press down gently. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine tahini and honey in a small bowl. Add a little bit of water to get desired consistency.
- Spread Greek yogurt at the bottom of two plates or one large plate. When the fritters are ready place them on top of the Greek yogurt, then drizzle the tahini sauce over the plate, top with cilantro and some lemon juice.