If your looking for a quick, easy and delicious smoothie bowl recipe you need to try this one! It only requires five ingredients (topping excluded) and only takes five minutes too make. It’s both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free. This is a perfect smoothie bowl to serve if you want a healthy, delicious and nutritious breakfast, lunch or snack.
What do you make when you want something really quick, but still fresh, nutritious and delicious? I make a smoothie bowl! They’re perfect to make when you’re short on time and need something delicious and healthy. The best thing is that you can thrown in just about anything you have at home. Because if you mix ingredients you like it can’t go wrong right? And they’re also one of my favorite ways of using fruits, berries and vegetables that have started to look a bit sad.
This green smoothie bowl is made using frozen mango, banana, spinach, milk (or water) and some lemon juice. It’s sweet, creamy yet fresh and light. I topped it with a Banana Coconut Grain Free Granola from MyMuesli and fresh blue berries.
A few things to think about:
- Since the smoothie bowl is made using frozen mango it should be eaten right away. Otherwise it will loose it’s creamy texture and become more fluid.
- You can also use frozen bananas instead of frozen mango. Or use both fruits frozen. But that might require some more liquid to get the right texture.
- This smoothie can of course be made in advance, but as mentioned above it will loose its creaminess and become more fluid.
- Don’t add the granola and berries until you’re about to eat the smoothie bowl. They will become soft and mushy if added too early.
Ingredients for this Green Smoothie Bowl:
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Mango, Peach & Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
- Cauliflower Porridge with Rhubarb & Pistachio Nuts (Paleo Friendly)
- Breakfast Popsicles
- Mango & Galia Melon Smoothie Bowl
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Green Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
For the smoothie bowl
- 250 g Frozen mango
- 2 small Bananas
- 2 hands full of Fresh spinach
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-1 dl Plant based milk (I used almond) or water
For the topping
- 4 tbsp Granola
- 2 tbsp Blueberries
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. You might need to stop the mixer and stir the ingredients with a spoon a few times.
- Taste to check if more lemon juice or milk/water is needed.
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls.
- Top with granola and fresh blueberries.
4 thoughts on “Green Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)”