If you need a delicious, quick and easy appetizer or pre-dinner snack this fall and winter this is it! These sweet potato crostini are ready in only 12-15 minutes, they are easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients at home already. I made mine using regular cream cheese, but it can easily replaced by a vegan version.
It’s been a while since I’ve made sweet potato crostini.. I made them so many times in different shapes and sized during spring and summer that I felt I needed to try something else for a while. But I always keep coming back to them, for many different reasons. First of all! They are delicious, I love sweet potatoes in all different forms and ways! I love how they both can be creamy, crunchy and more dryish. Second of all, they’re so nutritious! They are both rich in fiber and vitamins. Third, they’re so easy to prepare! I know an original crostini should be crunchy, but I actually prefer making these sweet potato crostini. I don’t really care for the roasted and crunchy (and many times dry) bread crostini. I think they’re so boring and just bland. So these sweet potato crostinis are always my go to when making small appetizer or finger foods.
These cream cheese crostini are topped with pomegranate, cranberries and chopped pecan nuts. I wanted to make an appetizer that was easy, quick, healthy and that I associated with fall and winter. And what better not to top your crostini with cranberries, pomegranate seeds and pecan nuts? These three ingredients are some of my favorite fall and winter foods. And they all create such a lovely combination together. The sweet and tender sweet potato crostini, topped with the tangy yet fresh cream cheese, tart dried cranberries, crunchy and sour pomegranate and the rich and buttery pecan just makes a perfect appetizer bite!
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries:
- Sweet potato
- Cream cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pecan nuts
- Fresh parsley
Other recipes you might like:
- Skagenröra Seed Cracker Bites (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Chanterelle Toast (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- 1 medium sized Sweet potato sliced into 1/2 cm thick slices
- 25 g Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 4-5 Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Parsley, to garnish finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the sweet potatos and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes (until soft and golden).
- Spread cream cheese on each slice.
- Top with dry cranberries, pomegranate seeds, chopped pecan nuts and parsley.
6 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)”