This is a recipe for an easy, quick and super delicious Toast with Scrambled Eggs & Chanterelles. This toast only requires five main ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. Serve this toast for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. This toast is both vegetarian and gluten free (if using gluten free bread as I did).
Aren’t toast such a great dish to make when you just want to eat everything you’re in the mood for? Because using a delicious bread and adding all the toppings you crave can never go wrong if you ask me. Toasts are also perfect if you want to prepare something that looks a bit fancy and taste delicious without actually having to put too much time or effort into it! Like this one! A simple, quick and easy toast topped with scrambled eggs, fried chanterelles and trumpets, grated cheese and fresh parsley. Wow, is this a great combo! I love how this toast both is warming, filling but without feeling too heavy or overwhelming. It makes you satisfied and full without feeling too greasy or heavy. This toast is really perfect to make when you want something that is really easy to make and ready to serve in just 10 minutes. Serve this toast for breakfast, brunch, lunch or an afternoon snack. This toast is vegetarian and gluten free if you use gluten free bread as I did.
- Make sure to preheat the pans well before starting to fry the ingredients.
- Use a fresh bread that you like. It can both be a white or dark bread. Or make a sweet potato toast to keep it grain free (check other recipes below that are made with sweet potato toasts for instructions).
- Add sea salt according to taste, but have in mind that the cheese also adds a salty taste to this toast.
- I used a mix of chanterelles and trumpets for this toast. But you can go ahead and use just one of them or mix as I did.
- Fry the mushrooms on medium high temperature and make sure the water evaporates fully. You don’t want wet mushrooms on your toast. You might need to add more olive oil to the pan.
- I used olive oil for this dish, but you can also use butter if you prefer it.
- Don’t start to fry the eggs until the mushrooms are ready/almost ready. The eggs should be straight out of the pan. Otherwise you might risk them getting too dry. Rather make sure the mushrooms are done and then just lower the heat to keep them warm than having to fry the eggs for too long.
- I used Grana Padano for this toast, but you can use any cheese you like or have at home. For example both Parmesan, Pecorino, Gruyère are really delicious to top this toast with. But preferably use a strong cheese with a lot of flavor.
Ingredients for this Toast with Scrambled Eggs & Chanterelles:
- (Gluten Free) Bread
- Flavorful cheese (I used Grana Padano)
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Toast with Cream Cheese & Rhubarb Spread
- Julvört/Swedish Christmas Worth Bread (Gluten Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Eggs (Gluten, Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cream Cheese Vegetable Sandwich (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Toast with Burrata & Pesto (Gluten Free)
Toast with Scrambled Eggs & Chanterelles
- 2 slices (Gluten Free) Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 100-150 g Chanterelles & Trumpets cleaned and cut into smaller pieces if neeed
- Flavorful cheese (I used Grana Padano) grated
- Fresh parsley, to top roughly chopped
- Olive oil, to fry
- Sea salt
- Preheat three nonstick pans over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the chanterelles and trumpets to one of the pans and season with sea salt. Let it fry until soft and golden brown.
- Place the bread slices in one of the other pans and fry on each side until golden brown and warm.
- When the chanterelles are ready lower the heat and keep them warm.
- Add the eggs to the third pan, season with sea salt according to taste and stir to scramble. Fry until they reach desired consistency.
- Place the bread on two plates, top with the scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms and top with grated cheese and chopped parsley. Serve warm.