This recipe is for a creamy, flavorful and easy Poached Eggs with Greek Yogurt & Fried Halloumi. This dish comes together in only 20 minutes and only requires six main ingredients. Serve these poached eggs with greek yogurt and fried halloumi for brunch or lunch. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Whats your go to when comes to weekend breakfasts or brunches? My is always eggs! Or to be honest, that’s my first choice everyday! Eggs are not only really easy to prepare, they’re also so nutritious, versatile and wallet friendly! As said, eggs are really easy to prepare, that goes for poached eggs as well, but they still feel kind of fancy to serve. Do you agree? So Im only make poached eggs for those special occasions. This dish is a wonderful and delicious dish made with warm creamy poached eggs, fried crunchy and salty halloumi served on top of cold and fresh greek yogurt and fresh vegetables. If you ask me, this is a dream dish containing kind of everything you want on a nice, delicious yet easy breakfast or brunch dish. Serve it with a delicious roasted bread and your set for a perfect weekend breakfast or brunch! This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use fresh eggs! This will make the biggest difference when poaching them. Old eggs where the egg white has become a bit runny will not poach well. The egg white should be fresh and firm.
- Add vinegar to the boiling water, this will make it easier to poach the eggs.
- Make sure the pan is really hot before you start to fry the halloumi. You only want to fry it quickly until it gets golden brown and a bit soft, you don’t want it to fry on low heat getting all soggy and remain pail.
- If you want to speed up the time to poach the eggs use two pots and cook two eggs simultaneously.
Ingredients for these Poached Eggs with Greek Yogurt & Fried Halloumi:
- Vinegar (optional)
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil
- (Gluten Free) Bread (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Hummus, Poached Eggs, Roasted Chickpeas & Tomato Bowl (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Poached Eggs with Yogurt & Tomatoes (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans Fried Eggs & Home Made Salsa (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Lentil Shakshuka
- Sweet Potato Toast with Poached Egg (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Green Shakshuka (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Toast with Scrambled Eggs & Chanterelles
Poached Eggs with Greek Yogurt & Fried Halloumi (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (optional, but makes it easier to poach the eggs)
- 1 package Halloumi sliced
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cucumber sliced
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 Avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- Fresh parsley, to top roughly chopped
- Paprika powder, to top
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a pan over medium/heat with some olive oil.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot together with the vingear (if using).
- I cook one egg at a time. Start by cracking one egg into a small bowl.
- When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and wait until the water just simmers.
- Using a whisk or a wooden spoon create a swirl in the water.
- Gently slip the egg into the simmering water. Let it cook for 2-4 minutes, depending on how runny you prefer your eggs.
- Remove the egg with slotted spoon and drain well.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- When one egg remains place the halloumi in the hot pan and fry for 1-2 minutes in each side, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile divide the Greek yogurt between two plates.
- Slice the cucumber, tomato and avocado and place on the side of the greek yogurt.
- When the eggs and halloumi are done add two eggs on each plate and divide the halloumi between the plates.
- Top with fresh parsley and paprika powder and serve warm.