I really try to avoid food waste! I literally see red when people throw away perfectly good groceries. Even when vegetables start to look a bit sad they’re perfectly fine to use. You can do so many thing out of veggies that are starting to get old. For example a delicious pesto.
I had some broccoli and parsley that were starting to turn yellow and sad. So I thought I turn it into a broccoli, parsley and almond pesto. And it turned out so good.
I did not cook the broccoli before putting it in the blender, since I wanted to keep the crunch. But if you prefer it more moist then just cook the broccoli for a few minutes before adding it to the blender.
Broccoli, Parsley & Almond Pesto
- 1 Broccoli head (I also used the stem) divided into smaller pices
- 1 dl Almonds
- A hand full of Parsley
- 3-4 tbsp Natural yeast (can be replaced by parmesan if not vegan)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt Salt, to taste
- Black pepper freshly grounded, to taste
- Water, to thin if needed
- Olive oil if you want to use it (I did not use it. If you use olive oil you can skip the water)
- Place all the ingredients except for the water in a food processor and blend until smooth. Stop the blenders to scape the sides a few times
- I did run mine for 3-4 minutes before it was smooth