This recipe is for a tender, flavorful, fresh and delicious Double Marinated Beef Tenderloin. The beef is first marinated in a tamari and hoisin sauce, thereafter baked in the oven and marinated again with a fresh and zesty lemon and parsley sauce. This recipe requires some preparation, but is really easy to make. You just have to plan a bit ahead. It’s really great to make if you want a dish that can be prepared in advance and ready to serve when it’s time to eat. It’s perfect to include in a buffet or when you’re making food for a large number of people.
This double marinated beef tenderloin might be the most tender and flavorful meat dish I’ve ever made. It really just melts in your mouth and has so much flavor with a fresh taste to it. It requires some preparation, since the meat has to marinate for a few hours (or preferably over night) but the cooking part is really easy and will amaze everyone who loves meat. I’ve served this dish so many times when having people over for dinner, and it has always received the best feedback. I usually make this dish when I don’t want to stand in the kitchen preparing new dishes the whole weekend. I make a big pieces of meat that we eat throughout the weekend. But it is also the best meat dish to make if you’re having people over for dinner and don’t want to rush and cook when the guests have arrived. It’s also perfect to make when having a larger amount of people over since you easily can make a double batch of this dish and have it all prepared in advance.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use a high quality (preferably organic) beef tenderloin.
- Let the meat marinate for at least 5-6 hours, but preferably over night. This will make it taste even better.
- I would recommend you to use a termometer when baking the meat. It should have a temperature of 50-55 degrees Celsius, and you don’t want to bake it for longer.
- Put the termometer in the thickest part of the meat. I baked mine until it was 50 degrees. This will make the core very pink and the thinner edges a little more well done.
- I would recommend you to let the meat marinate in the second marinade for at least 1-2 hours.
- The meat is good to store in a food container for up to four days.
Ingredients for this Double Marinated Beef Tenderloin:
- Organic beef tenderloin
- Hoisin sauce
- Soya sauce or tamari
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh parsley
- White wine vinegar
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Korean Ssam
- Bibimbap with Beef
- Beef Tacos with Kiwi Salsa
- Korean Beef Tartar (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Double Marinated Beef Tenderloin
- 800 Organic beef tenderloin
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- Mix all ingredients for marinade numer 1 in a bowl.
- Put the beef tenderloin in a plastic bag and add the marinade to the bag. Make sure the marinade coveres all parts of the beef. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 5 hours, but preferably over night.
- When the beef is done marinating preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat and fry the beef for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Put the beef in an oven safe baking pan and bake until the inner temperature reaches 50-55 degrees (depending on how raw you prefer your beef). I recommend you to use a termometer to get the temperature right.
- When the beef is done in the oven wrap in aluminium foil and put in the fridge for it to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare marinate number 2.
- When the beef is done resting take out of the fridge, slice into 1 cm thick slices. Put in a baking pan and cover with marinade number 2. Let it rest in the fridge until serving.
- Take out of the fridge 15 minutes before serving it.
One thought on “Double Marinated Beef Tenderloin”