This recipe is for delicious and cute little Stuffed Easter Eggs. They are ready in 10 minutes (not counting the cooking time) and only require a few key ingredients. These eggs are perfect to serve on your Easter table, as an appetizer or finger food. They are both gluten free and low carb.
These stuffed Easter eggs are super devious, easy to make and such a nice addition to your Easter dinner. They are light, fresh with a little sting from the dijon mustard. The stuffing is made using chopped shrimps, Creme Fraiche, egg yolks, dijon mustard and chives. They are creamy, yet light and taste amazing. They only require a few minutes of your time and will be appreciated everyone loving eggs and shrimps.
A few tips:
- I recommend you to boil the eggs in advance to that they have cooled down and are ready to be peeled.
- Chop the shrimps for the filling quite roughly since you still want to feel the texture and taste the shrimps. But don’t add too big chunks, the filling should still feel quite smooth.
- There will most probably be some filling left. Don’t throw it away, use it as a spread on your toast or add to a salad bowl.
- These eggs are good to store in the fridge for up to three days.
Ingredients for these Stuffed Easter Eggs:
- Creme Fraiche
- Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Blini with Creme Fraîche, Fish Roe & Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
- Skagenröra Seed Cracker Bites
Stuffed Easter Eggs (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 4 Eggs boiled and peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp Creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 Shrimps peeled
- 6 Shrimps peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 2+1 tsp Chives finely chopped
- 8 tsp Caviar
- Peel the boild eggs and divide in half lenghtwise.
- With a spoon gently remove the egg yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork.
- Add creme fraiche, dijon mustard, chives, black pepper and chopped shrimps (if using) and blend until combined.
- Stuff the egg halves with the egg mixture and top with caviar and shrimps.