What’s a summer without a lot of grilled food? I try to use the grill as much as possible when the weather allows. And I looove putting everything on the grill. It’s like, what can go wrong? Everything tastes better from the BBQ. But to be honest. Grilling can be quite stressful as well. Fitting everything on the grill. Trying to time the cooking times of meat, fish, veggies and all the things you put on the grill can be mission impossible. And you end up with burnt food or having things half done since you can’t fit everything in one batch. Thats why I love making these Grilled Fish Packets. You just put everything in some aluminium foil, wrap them up, put them on the grill and enjoy the sun, a glass of wine or just relax while it prepares itself.
Making fish in foil packages makes it so tender, since it actually is steamed then grilled. The fish just melts in your mouth. And in addition, this is the perfect dish to make if you have a lot of veggie leftovers from previous days. Just put it all in the package and avoid food waste.
Ingrediens for the Grilled Fish Packets:
- Cod (or fish of your choice)
- Spring onion
- Button mushrooms
Grilled Fish Packet
- 2 Cod fillets
- 6 Fresh potatoes divided in two
- 4 Asparagus divided into smaller parts
- 6 Radishes divided in two
- 1 Fennel sliced
- 4 Button mushrooms sliced
- 10 cm Zucchini cut in half moons
- 2 Spring onion cut into smaller parts
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs (I used cilantro)
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Prepare the grill.
- Take two pieces of aluminium foil (quite big ones).
- Divide the veggies equally between the two aluminium foils.
- Add a cod filet on each and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the edges to create a packet that looks like a tent. Make sure it's completely sealed so that o steam can escape.
- Put on the grill and let it cook for 10-20 minutes (depending on how thick your fish is), until the veggies and fish are done. Mine took approximately 15-16 minutes.
- Top with fresh herbs and some lemon.