This recipe is for an easy, healthy and super delicious Sweet Potato and Beetroot Hash. This recipe only calls for a few key ingredients and is ready to serve in 30-40 minutes. Make this sweet potato and beetroot hash for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. It is both vegetarian and gluten free.
Making a hash is one of my go to dishes when I want to make something that is easy, warming, delicious and flavorful at the same time. A hash might sound boring, but I would clam it the opposite of boring. It’s such a versatile dish that can be made with tones of different ingredients and add ins so you never have to get tired of it. It is also perfect to make when you want to make a fridge clean out. This hash is made with beetroots, sweet potatoes, fresh kale and then topped with crunchy sunflower and pumpkin seeds and a fried egg. This dish has a great mix of tastes and textures, yet is very simple and easy at the same time. Make this has for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose.
A few tips:
- Cut the beets and sweet potatoes into equally sized pieces to avoid some pieces being over or undercooked.
- Start by frying the yellow onion and beets, since the beets take longer to get warm and soft than the sweet potatoes.
- Add the kale just at the end. You just want it to get a little warm and soft, but still hold some crunch.
- If making this dish for meal prep purpose I would recommend you to add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds when you’re planning to eat your hash. Otherwise they will become a little soft and less crunchy.
Ingredients for this Sweet Potato & Beetroot Hash:
- Sweet potatoes
- Yellow onion
- Green kale
- Sea salt
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Easy Sweet Potato Hash with Kale, Beans & Pepper (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Eggplant/Aubergine with Lentils & Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Sweet Potato & Beetroot Hash (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 2 Beetroots washed and diced
- 2 medium Sweet potato washed and diced
- 1 Yellow onion minced
- 2 stems Green kale divided into smaller pieces (I also remove the core)
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil, to fry
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the yellow onion and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the dived beetroots and fry for 6-7 minutes mores, until the beets are starting to get a little bowled and softened.
- Next add the dice sweet potatoes and fry not another 15-20 minutes. Until both the beets and sweet potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- Add the green kale and fry for another 1-2 minutes. The kale should just get warm and a little soft.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Pre two nonstick pan over medium heat, one with some olive oil and one plain.
- When the pan with the olive oil is hot is hot crack to eggs in the pan and fry until the whites have set.
- Add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the other pan and fry until warm and golden boon .
- Divide the beetroot and sweet potato hash between two plates. Top with fried eggs and dry roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve warm!